Monday, December 17, 2012

My Town Monday: the Latest Addition to Our Little House

Child #4 with two dogs at the dog park (taken with my Droid) 

 What is wrong with this picture?

 Sure, it's a little out of focus, somewhat crooked, and the lighting is probably off.

 BUT what is fundamentally wrong?

 There are TWO dogs!

 Yes, we have welcomed a second dog to the Summy household.

 "It's not fair. When we wanted a dog, you always said no. How come Child #4 was able to talk you into getting her a dog. And now into a second dog?" grumble Childs (Children?) #1, #2 and #3.

 I explain how it's a little like the last person being able to unscrew a tight jar lid. The first three children wore me down. They paved the way for Child #4 getting a dog.

 How did Dog #2 happen? Child #4 and I were picking up Dorothy (Dog #1) from the groomer's. Dog #2 was in the process of being groomed. Her owner is elderly, bed-ridden and very ill. The groomer asked if we knew of anyone looking for a dog. When Child #4 looked at me with hope in her eyes and when I thought of the poor owner worrying about her dog, I found that I couldn't say no. Ack! I'm turning into one great big bleeding heart!

 What is Dog #2's name? Well, she arrived with the moniker "Precious." Which no one could say with a straight face. We have renamed her "Marilyn" because, as Child #4 pointed out, the dog resembles Marilyn Monroe!

 Happy Holidays to you from Dorothy (the black dog) and Marilyn (the white dog)!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my! Double the trouble or fun!
    Cheers from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy linking from FB, Barrie! Now as long as the dogs are both spayed girls, you won't end up with dogs #3-10. A very sweet Christmas tale... or should I say Christmas tail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer: it's been interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you'd appreciate the FB linking, Sarah! And ha, ha on "tail!" Yes, they've been spayed. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twice the cuteness!

    Good luck, suckah. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spitting image of a sex goddess. You are a softie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your newest family member - you great big bleeding heart!

    I feel for you. Kids, dogs, chaos, it's what makes a house a home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Great Big Bleeding Heart,
    Congrats on the newest family member. Kids, dogs, chaos - it's what makes a house a home.
    Season's Greetings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet thing to do! And clearly Precious aka Marilyn is already smitten with Child #4.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marilyn Monroe looks like a terrific addition to the family, Barrie.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!