Thursday, December 23, 2010

Raindrops Keeps Falling On My Head

We have had A LOT of rain in Southern California. Below is pictorial proof.


Here is our very, very full pool.

Here is the golf course behind our house. Today I counted 20 happy ducks.

Yes, we're expecting another storm. But not till Boxing Day (the day after Christmas)!

I leave you with a fun quotation from American poet and novelist James Dickey: "A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning."


4 comments:

  1. This has been relentless, hasn't it? I tried to walk around a lake I frequent but it overflowed its banks in several places, gushing furiously. The egrets were quite happy, though, catching lots of fish.
    Have a very happy Christmas, Barrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's a good thing you're a novelist!! Did you have lightening storms yesterday? We did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I hope you get sunshine for Christmas Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to remember and use that quote. Hope your Xmas was dry.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!