Monday, December 6, 2010

My Town Monday: places to visit in New Mexico

We are well and truly back from our spontaneous whirlwind roadtrip from San Diego to Oklahoma. Whew, but that was a lot of behind-the-wheel time! Twenty hours each way! Still, we had lots of fun, and there's something very bonding about being stuck in a car for hours on end with three other family members.

Here's a shot of New Mexico from the car. A bit of a blur! I took quite a liking to this state and found several places I'd like to go back to visit.

For example, I'd like to spend some time in the ghost town of Shakespeare, New Mexico.

And I'd like to go stargazing in Gila, New Mexico.

I'd also like to revisit Carlsbad Caverns.

I leave you with a photo of a cup with a worthwhile message. I had my coffee in this cup at the breakfast buffet at our hotel in Deming, New Mexico.

Sorry for the late post. But I have a touch of the flu today, which I've been treating with long naps and ibuprofen. Hopefully, I will be back to my normal, energetic self tomorrow.


For links to more My Town Monday posts, please pop over to to the official My Town Monday blog.

9 comments:

  1. Loved Carlsbad Caverns - we used to make this trip from SoCal to the Dallas area to visit friends and would stop along the way. Your trip made me nostalgic for that. And reminded me of our cross-country moves - 4 10-hour days - guess you know what that's like now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get over that nasty cold quick and thanks for sharing part of your trip in pictures. (I got a good chuckle out of the cup message.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is the VLA (very large array) listening closely for sounds from space - there are the lightening fields - then there is northern NM - there is so much to see in my lovely state that I miss so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there such a thing as a 'touch of the flu'??

    Ah, Deming, NM. We used to drive through there every year, back and forth between Houston and Tucson. I miss Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon!
    I've never been to the SouthWest...Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Post, Barrie. I loved the cup half full. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite a drive. Good to be home safely, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, whenever I think of New Mexico, I think of the most delicious sopapillas at Sadie's in Albuquerque. LOVE the food in New Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for warming me up. It’s below freezing as a high today in Maine and the snow isn’t melting much. I would love to visit New Mexico and see the mountains. I hope you are feeling better and the coffee optimism helps.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!