Monday, June 30, 2008

My Town Monday: Taste of Uptown



In the spring (usually in April), you can buy a ticket (around $30) for a Taste of Uptown.

From noon till 4 PM, you'll happily wander around Hillcrest, San Diego and nosh on samples from 40 or 50 restaurants. From Greek to Japanese to Thai to American to Biff's chocolate chip cookies to a wine bar and more, it's a delicious experience. It really is. Unlike the Surf Diva camp I wrote about last Monday, I've actually participated in this event.

You can walk from eatery to eatery. Hillcrest has short blocks. This year, for the first time, there was a sidewalk sale during A Taste of Uptown.


Or you can take a shuttle.

Tickets pretty much always sell out. Here's where you get them.

Short post this Monday. If you could see my living room, you'd understand. We've spent the weekend painting. And, wow, what a mess. Plus, I can see a few spots I'm going to have to touch up tomorrow.



Thanks Travis Erwin for organizing My Town Monday. Check his bog to see links to the other My Town Monday participants.

17 comments:

  1. This is why I am a city girl. I love stuff like Taste of Uptown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Laura, though I like the balance of city and suburban life. Just blocks from my home, is "The Boulevard". Every king of food imaginable. Bored of this? Try that!
    I love the idea of a Taste of Uptown walking tour. If I'm every in the area, it's something I'd definitely do.

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Taste of Uptown idea. They should do that here - at the Jersey shore. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see all these wonderful places without going anywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I do visit a city, and I seldom do, this is the kind of place I like to go. Lots of stuff to see and generally some good places to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a similar fest called A Taste of Detoit. Lots of fun too to sample all the ethnic foods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great way to spend the day!

    Painting? Are you going to post before and after pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really cool idea. I wish our town did that. Then again, we don't have in eateries. Just McDonalds, all of it's clones, and maybe 3 sit in restaurants, ha.

    Ugh, painting. I've been having to do a lot of the painting on our set, so I feel your pain. The paint had dried in my hair and it hurt coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This weekend was The Taste of Wine Festival...ah, summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love events like this. We have a Chamber of commerce Barbeque each fall and you can bet I'll do a post on it when it comes time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun foodie experience!
    I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Taste of Uptown sounds like a lot of fun. Anaheim has a similar event, but I've never participated.

    Hope the living room is back to normal soon. Painting is such a chore, but the results are worth it. At least it's not real hot this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I wish my town did that! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds awfully yummy and fun! I wonder if we have something like it here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun! And I want to see painting pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Taste of Uptown sounds wonderful. Walking builds up a good appetite and the restaurants seem endless, so one could have samples from all of them. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!