Saturday, April 7, 2007

About Me + Interviews

Here's the bio from the book flap:

Barrie Summy grew up in Canada on a steady diet of books and tobogganing. She tries to read a book a week and always breaks for tea and cookies at three o'clock.

Barrie lives in California with her husband and their four children. She's currently hard at work on her next book. Please visit her at www.barriesummy.com


There are obviously lots and lots of gaps in this bio. Which is probably the way it should be. I mean, come on, you don't want to scroll through pages of boring facts about me. Oh, what was that? You'd like to hear a few odd ones? Did someone tell you I was odd? Perhaps one of my children?! You realize they have a very skewed perspective.

How's about this:

I cannot have licorice in the house. Or white cheddar cheez-it crackers. I will eat these items until I am sick.

I do not like going to the post office. So, if you're waiting for something from me, well, you're in good company.

One of my most successful New Year's resolutions: Drive through the car wash twice a month.

And....I loved, loved, loved university. To the point that I wouldn't stop going until my parents pulled the plug. I have a degree in French, a degree in Canadian Literature, and a degree in Speech Pathology. The latter has resulted in very chatty children.

Email me (barrie.summy@gmail.com) if you need more detail. :)

And if you're procrastinating or have insomnia or are just in the mood to click, here's some cyberspace interviews with me:

-Writer Musings

-Susan VanHecke

-Shelf Elf

-Sarah Laurence

-Happy Nappy Bookseller

-Summer at Ello's Echo

-Cynsations

-Bookworm Booklovers blog

-the Book Roast

-Eileen Cook's blog

-Book Chic

And here's some fun stuff from Random House where I'm in the spotlight!!