Thursday, November 29, 2007

Writing, Today, December

So, I got my outline for book #2 back from Editor Wendy. Let me just say that this is the absolutely-most-detailed-of-my-entire-life-planned-out outline I have ever written. I suspect it's better choreographed than my wedding was.

Naturally, Editor Wendy found some holes. Because this is her job. And she is very excellent at her job. Lucky for me. I'd much prefer to fill in the holes and iron out the wrinkles (sorry about the awkward mixed metaphors) now than after many, many, many hours of typing.

I am clearing my calendar for December so that I'll have lots of writing time. Or as much as possible given the festive season. I have already been invited to FIVE Christmas parties. This may surprise some of you, but I can actually be a lot of fun at a party. Ha!

This year, however, I will be the woman with the beautiful highlights (thank you Hairdresser Jamie) in the black, sequined dress (thank you fashion-conscious child #3) in the corner on her lap top. I'll have to be in a corner with an electrical outlet because my MacBook battery died (shame on you Apple Customer Service for leaving me on hold for 30 min.) which means I'm always plugged in.

Right now, I'm seated at my kitchen table with a steaming mug of Irish Breakfast tea, a delightful oatmeal cereal bar, and my plugged-in MacBook. Dorothy the Dog is asleep at my feet. Next to me is, of course, the trusty MULTI-paged outline.

Wish me luck. I'm off to write, write, write.

I will take a break in a while and check out all your blogs.

13 comments:

  1. What a sense of accomplishment you must feel regarding this book. I can't wait to hear more about the process - I dream of publishing a novel one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I love starting a new book project. It makes up for the 3/4 point where I want to bang my head on my desk.

    Also congrats on the ISBN. I know a writer up here who has had her ISBN's tattooed on her ankle. I can see the appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does not sound like a trip is in your future... I don't think there would be any time to write in OK unless you were confined to the country (you know what I mean :) ) Good luck and sorry I am not there to help. XO

    YPN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh - - Irish Breakfast Tea. One of my favorites (along with Twinings Prince of Wales Tea, and Lady Grey Tea).

    Good luck on your outline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on outlining! I'm convinced it's the only way to go. Have fun with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your outlining, typing, and partying. Sounds like December is getting "booked". :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that IS a sense of accomplishment. Have fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great position to be in! Good luck and have a good weekend. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the soon to be released book! I LOVE the title and cover! :-) Thanks for visiting my blog, too! I'm still trying to get back into the book I put on hold while I went back to my last ms. to finish another round of edits after National, but am finding it difficult with the stress of the holidays sneaking up on me. Good luck with your writing schedule. I'm all about schedules! :-)

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. How amazing. Congrats!
    Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy writing...and remember to come up for air now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice, an ISBN and starting on a new book, all in the same week! Sounds like a reason to celebrate if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the writing! I envy you your parties. I envy you your dress! My laptop battery died, too. It sure is a pain!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!